Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Such a big boy

Today we had to get the van serviced for our trip over the mountains next week. Yea! Can't wait to go and spend a week with my boys and my dad. We walked to the park while the van was getting worked on and N climbed to his hearts content. That is his latest thing - loves to climb. We had a cool, old chair in our kitchen I that HAD been using when I fed him breakfast and lunch. (Our dining room is carpeted - so I try not to feed him in there other than supper with Papa) The chair in kitchen was one of those old white utility chairs - the ones that have the pull out steps. I love that chair. I knew it was only a matter of time before N found it. I had to move it out of the kitchen to the guest room - he thought it was the best thing to climb. Well, once it disappeared he moved onto his highchair. At least that one isn't as high.

To top if all off when I put him down for his nap today he didn't want me to rock him. I usually only rock him for minutes now anyways. Today it was more like seconds. He just kept pointing to his crib - he just wanted to lay down and sleep. Sigh. This is going way to fast. I love it that he has been a good sleeper - again, we have the dream child, but he is just getting so independent. That is what I should want though, right? It sure doesn't feel like it sometimes.

Visits are progressing. We had a meeting with a SW yesterday and it sounds like the next thing coming up is  the overnight visit/s. I can't think that far out - and she wasn't able to give any timelines. That is fine with us right now - the more time we have, the better. I have a hard time even breathing when I think about overnights. I haven't ever spent a night without him since we got him. I know I can do it...I just don't want to do it. A friend of mine posted a wallhanging on Pinterest yesterday (OH, I love that websight!!) that I loved. In fact, I went on etsy and ordered it! "It is well with my soul." I just need to keep thinking of that hymn and know that it will all be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment